Newsletter – January, 2015
ADELPHI NY STATEWIDE
BREAST CANCER HOTLINE & SUPPORT PROGRAM
We are here for you. STAY CONNECTED.
One South Avenue, PO Box 701 • Garden City, NY 11530
Offices: 516-877-4320 • Fax: 516-877-4336 • E-mail: email@example.com
Stress Reduction and Relaxation Breast Cancer Forum
Are you feeling overwhelmed by breast cancer?
Join us for a mid-day forum where experts will discuss techniques for stress management.
February 17, 2015
12:00 – 2:00 p.m.
The forum will be held at Adelphi’s Alumni House (154 Cambridge Avenue, Garden City, NY) click here
Registration is required, please click here for more information or to register online.
Breast cancer can cause many feelings to emerge, such as shock, confusion, fear, sadness, anger and uncertainty. Our support groups provide the opportunity for participants to share their feelings and experiences with the guidance of social workers and social work interns.
Please click here to check for upcoming support groups.
To participate in any of our support groups:
- Pre-registration is required.
- These groups and others are offered upon request.
- Additional groups can also be offered off-site, in the community.
- For information, questions, or to join a support group, call the Hotline at 800.877.8077 or Erin Nau, LCSW, Counseling/Education Coordinator at 516.877.4314.
- Groups are held at the Adelphi Breast Cancer Program.
Adelphi Breast Cancer Program, Adelphi University School of Social Work, Garden City, NY. Directions
All services are free and confidential.
Call our hotline at 800.877.8077 for answers to your questions and concerns about breast cancer.
Sisters United in Health now has their own facebook page. Please click here
to visit the page.
STAY CONNECTED TO US
Reasons why you should connect to us on social media
- See photos of our wonderful volunteers at our outreach events
- Stay up-to-date on events, forums and support groups
- Read news articles and new study’s on breast cancer
- Read inspiring stories from our volunteers
- If you miss an event see videos of our speakers
- See the wonderful people and businesses that support us
CREATIVE CUPS 2015
There is still time to become a sponsor for the event.
Please click here to learn how to become a sponsor.
CREATIVE CUPS AUCTION AND RECEPTION
When: Thursday, March 19, 2015
Where: Ruth S. Harley University Center Ballroom
Adelphi University, Garden City, NY
To register and for more information, visit the Creative Cups website.
LI2DAY WALK 2015
Join us for the LI2DAY Walk on June 13, 2015
- Half Marathon Distance of 13.1 Miles
- Registration $75
- Fundraising Commitment $500
- Online Registration Only
- Registration closes on May 1st (or when 600 walkers are registered)
Register by January 31st and receive a commemorative LI2DAY Shirt. Click here for more information or to register