Newsletter – November, 2015
ADELPHI NY STATEWIDE
BREAST CANCER HOTLINE & SUPPORT PROGRAM
We are here for you. STAY CONNECTED.
One South Avenue, P.O. Box 701 • Garden City, NY 11530
Offices: 516.877.4320 • Fax: 516.877.4336 • email: firstname.lastname@example.org
HELP CELEBRATE BREAST CANCER AWARENESS MONTH – DONATE TODAY
Your contributions are essential.
The Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline & Support Program is working hard to educate, support, empower and advocate for breast cancer patients, professionals and the community and we need your help. Please click here to donate today to support our program.
FALL 2015 BREAST CANCER SUPPORT GROUPS
The Adelphi NY Statewide Breast Cancer Hotline & Support Program offers new on-going support groups.
Monday, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Women who have had breast cancer will have the opportunity to meet in this group.
Young Women 40 and Under
Tuesday, 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
This support group will focus on the unique needs and concerns of women under 40 who are diagnosed with breast cancer.
Friday 10:00 – 11:30 a.m.
When a person first hears they are diagnosed with breast cancer they have a million questions, fears, and are looking for support.
Women with Metastatic Disease
1st and 3rd Thursday of the Month
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Meet with other women who are surviving metastatic breast cancer.
Caregivers of People with Breast Cancer
2nd and 4th Thursday of the Month
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Any person who is experiencing the stress and anxiety of caring for a loved one with breast cancer should attend this group.
Knit and Chat
Last Wednesday of the Month
11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Spend time working on a project while chatting with other breast cancer survivors. Bring your knitting or crochet project or make a scarf to donate to someone currently undergoing treatment for breast cancer.
All groups will meet at the Adelphi School of Social Work in Garden City.
A Virtual Support Group, Support Group for Men with Breast Cancer and BRCA+ Support Group is available upon request.
For information, questions, or to join a support group, call Erin Nau, LCSW, Counseling & Education Coordinator at 516-877-4314 or email@example.com.
All services are free and confidential.
These support groups are for ALL SURVIVORS.
Mark your calendars
On Thursday, December 10th we will be hosting a Spirituality Forum. More details to be announced. Please click here
to check for more information.
If you were unable to attend our Celebration of Survivorship, you can click here to visit our YouTube Channel and see the video from the event.
LI2DAY – June 11, 2016
Walker Registration is now open for the June 11, 2016 LI2Day 13.1 Mile Walk to fight breast cancer and other cancers! The walk will start and finish at the Smith Point County Park in Shirley, NY. When you register to walk and commit to raising funds you give Long Islanders hope as they battle cancer.
- A $75 registration fee is due at the time of registration. The registration fee is non-refundable. This fee is used to cover walk expenses enabling 100% of the donations you raise to go directly to our beneficiary organizations. LI2Day accepts Mastercard, Visa and American Express
- Walkers commit to fundraising $500. The more money raised means that more Long Islanders can receive the assistance they need
BRIGHTON POWER OF PINK
Now through November 15, 2015 for each bracelet purchased, Brighton will donate $10 to the Adelphi Breast Cancer Hotline & Support Program. The participating stores are Brighton Jewelry at Roosevelt Field and Walt Whitman Malls. Only sales made at these Brighton stores will be donated to us!!!
STAY CONNECTED TO US!!!
WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!
We would like to continue Motivational Mondays
and Foodie Fridays
on our facebook page. We are asking that you e-mail us any motivational quotes or recipes you would like to see posted online. Please e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasons why you should connect to us on social media.
- See photos of our wonderful volunteers at our outreach events
- Stay up-to-date on events, forums and support groups
- Read news articles and new study’s on breast cancer
- Read inspiring stories from our volunteers
- If you miss an event see videos of our speakers
- See the wonderful people and businesses that support us
SISTERS UNITED IN HEALTH
- Help you get a free or low-cost mammogram
REGARDLESS OF YOUR HEALTH INSURANCE OR
- Answer your breast health and breast cancer questions and provide educational materials.
- Provide breast health workshops at no cost.
Available in English and Spanish.
MARK YOUR CALENDARS
- Spirituality Forum – December 10, 2015
- LI2Day Walk- June 11, 2016
- Creative Cups 2017 – March 16, 2017